LifeNews.com

Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

why do they jave a JOHN-the-BAPTIST BEHEADING PAINTING on the WALL @ the GLENDALE LIBRARY ?

 why do they jave a JOHN-the-BAPTIST BEHEADING PAINTING on the WALL @ the GLENDALE LIBRARY ? AT LEAST that's what I think it is...although the head is not on a platter (yet)...I can't figure out what else it might be...whatever the case may be, it's sort of a strange painting to
 have on the wall at a library

"... Finally the opportune time came. 
On his birthday Herod gave a 
banquet for his high officials and 
military commanders and the 
leading men of Galilee.22 When the 
daughter of[c] Herodias came in 
and danced, she pleased Herod and 
his dinner guests.
The king said to the girl, “Ask me 
for anything you want, and I’ll give
 it to you.”23 And he promised her 
with an oath, “Whatever you ask I 
will give you, up to half my 
kingdom.
24 She went out and said to her 
mother, “What shall I ask for?”
“The head of John the Baptist,” she 
answered.
25 At once the girl hurried in to the 
king with the request: “I want you 
to give me right now the head of 
John the Baptist on a platter.”
26 The king was greatly distressed,
 but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he did not want to 
refuse her. 27 So he immediately 
sent an executioner with orders to 
bring John’s head. The man went, 
beheaded John in the prison,28 and
 brought back his head on a platter.
 He presented it to the girl, and she 
gave it to her mother. 29 On hearing
 of this, John’s disciples came and 
took his body and laid it in a 
tomb...." Mark 6.14-29