LifeNews.com

Translate

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Prayers for Xena near Augusta Maine

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ibJeDyzkQfQDULjt5 


This isn't really about Pizza Hut because they don't have any control over the issue I'm talking about:

 I accepted a delivery for a delivery service to take a pizza to a customer for $5.75 . I'm not even from this area so I was just visiting and as a delivery driver for this particular service, I'm able to accept delivery assignments wherever I am in the USA. Also it was pouring rain.

 So I pick up the pizza and then I find out the delivery address is 11 miles away so it will be a 22-mile round trip which is about a gallon of gas. Then, along the way I find out I have to pay a dollar toll.

 So now my profit is $4.75 minus $3.50 for a gallon of gas, equals $1.25, although I figure the customer will probably add a dollar or 2 tip. Upon arrival it's still pouring rain. The instructions are not perfect but luckily I find the right door on the first try in the apartment complex.

 The well-fed young lady comes to the door and I say to her "wow it was farther than I thought, plus I had to pay a toll." She grabs the pizza and says, "Have a good one" in a soulless monotone, & slams the door shut,  clearly not giving a damn about me as a person. Needless to say there was NO TIP. 

If you can't afford to give a delivery person a dollar tip (or are just too selfish) or at least show some sincere appreciation, you SHOULDN'T use delivery services. Just turn off the TV, get your lazy self up off the couch, and drive yourself to the restaurant or store.