LifeNews.com

Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2024

re Sound Lab @NBPL main library

 When I arrived at a little after 10 am @nbpl hoping to use the sound lab, it was vacant & the door unlocked so i entered & tried logging in & the screen said "reserved for 5 more minutes". So I sat & waited, & 5 minutes passed & I logged in & started my recording session.

 About 20 minutes later, the employee called "nice Chris" entered & trying to act nice about it, implored me to allow the person who originally reserved it to reclaim his reservation despite according to the rules, having lost his rights to it for being almost 45 minutes late. 

How could I say no to "nice Chris" & be the mean guy to the underprivileged fellow who arrived late? So I acquiesced despite wanting to finish this recording project & there being no empty slots for the sound Lab for the rest of the week. Nice Chris said there are some openings on Sunday,  but I guess he forgot the library is closed on Easter. And I'm leaving again for a few months, maybe longer. But it's okay. We need to make a  sacrifice sometimes for the underprivileged. 

And memo to the underprivileged person: please show up on time for your 4-hour reservation next time. You can't Keep the Sound Lab reserved & excluded to all others if you don't show up. You're lucky you had Nice Chris caring so much for you. And It would have been cool if you had said thanks to me. I could have put up a fuss & made a stand according to library rules.  

Also, young man,  it's your prerogative to wear pajamas all day, but at least could you pull them up so your underwear is not showing? Please? It's disrespectful & degrades the library atmosphere.