LifeNews.com

Translate

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Newport Beach Public Library

https://maps.app.goo.gl/yKdVhDigaUH45XFc8 

New construction project is making parking a hassle. Used to be plenty of spots in the structure now you have to go all the way to the top almost to get a spot during the busiest time of day. Meanwhile, the library itself seems to 
becoming a little more ghetto in nature. 

I used the sound Lab this morning & I was told that I had to leave because somebody else already had a reservation. Even though they were late for the reservation which is the only reason I could log into the computer in the sound Lab. They were more than 10 or 15 minutes late. 

But I didn't put up an argument I just said okay no problem. The guy who had the reservation came in wearing what looked like pajamas and they were halfway down his backside showing his underwear. 

You don't have to come down Newport Beach to prove you are ghetto. There's plenty of libraries all around OC  and LA counties where you can fit in much more comfortably than here. I mean I just don't get why people would take the long bus ride or however they get here just to  shove it in your face and say I'm ghetto.

 That seems to be their main point of coming here, just to be annoying. And I'm NOT talking about any particular skin color or race. I'm talking about attitude. Nobody cares about your skin color or race or socioeconomics as long as you're just a decent person. 

Anybody can buy decent- enough clothes that will be fine to come to the library. But when you intentionally lower your pants halfway down your back side, we know you're trying to insult Us & say
 "F you" to us. Why travel all this way just to say F You to us ? Are you really that angry ? Does this make you feel better? 
--+
Been gone for a few months. Wandered down to computer lab around 6pm. Hoping for some new faces, rather than the same ol robots. Sat down for a few moments & in walks the bossy Asian lady who used to try to dim the lights, until I said NO 🚫. Groan. She's still coming here like she owns it. So I leave. Can't stand to be around her.
--I found a guy's wallet in the downstairs computer lab and saw the name inside, so I looked it up online and he turned out to be a UCI employee. I found an email to contact him & told him to come and get it or else I will bring it to the desk. He came within an hour to get his wallet but he Didn't Even Say Thanks or show any appreciation to me.
⬇️
Even worse he treated me like I was the Bad Guy For Contacting Him to help him get his wallet back which included money in it. I wasn't expecting a reward but a Genuine Thanks would have been nice. GO FIGURE THAT. How many people would try to contact him to help him get it back?
---
It has a lot of nice features and generally nice atmosphere . However there are a few " obsessive compulsive" personalities at the public computers that always make it a little creepy . Two people in the downstairs lab (one female, the other male) are there SO OFTEN- esp the guy, you begin to feel like you are in their bedroom or living room. I just don't like being there anymore when they are there , which is almost always πŸ‘Ž.
--
Maybe they could have a time limit on the downstairs computers to help move some of these over-users on to living a life. Or at least go upstairs for a while. Take a walk. Call your family. Make a new friend.  See your therapist. Go to the beach ⛱️. Live a life . You CAN do it πŸ‘