LifeNews.com

Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

photos 11/13/15 @ stem cell symposium

 11/13/15  @ stem cell symposium ...so I attended this symposium, although I left early around 2pm...and as a pro-life conservative Christian was afraid I would encounter too many medical researchers excitedly advocating why it is so important for medicine and research to continue using embryos (ie baby bodies and parts) for the sake of medicine and possibly solving alzheimers etc...and in fact one of the speakers DID mention embryos several times , but they also balanced it with talk about ethics and even had a few "religious representatives" (maybe all Jewish however, I'm not sure there was anybody specifically representing a conservative Christian point-of-view)). ...and so it was somewhat "muted" in terms of what you might expect. They seem to be trying to do "public relations" to a certain respect following some of what has happened recently. The symposium itself was at UCI in a specific building set aside for the research of stem cells (Sue & Bill Gross Hall) . I saw one of my fellow pro-lifers at the symposium. I don't know enough about this issue to say much about it other than that I am against any and all research that requires baby bodies due to the unethical aspects to which it gives rise ( as we have seen in the planned parenthood videos). If they can do research without baby bodies and parts, that's a different story.