LifeNews.com

Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2015

: re "honest-1 autocare", costa mesa, brad mcBride

 re honest1 autocare,
 costa mesa,
brad mcBride
....so I went here once for an oil change and paid about $20...nothing dishonest about that, although you can find cheaper prices around town for an oil change...; he has a nice waiting room & has free softdrinks for customers; however, later I returned after just purchasing a new (used) vehicle & the "check engine" light came on.I noticed they offer "free check engine light" scans so I pulled in there hoping he could do a quick scan and assure me if it was an emergency or whatever the case may be. However, he told me he could NOT do a check engine light scan because he had so many customers backed up . Folks, FYI (for your information), a check engine light scan takes about 1 minute, and I could do it myself if I had the scanner. You don't need to be a "professional auto mechanic" to do a scan. You just need the scanner. IN fact, later I went to Pep Boys and they handed me their scanner (in exchange for my driver's license) and I scanned it myself.
So it BOTHERS ME that Brad McBride wouldn't take 1 minute to do a quick scan for me. He didn't even apologize or offer to do it "in a while", but just said they were too busy. A truly honest person would get up off their chair and do a quick scan for a fellow citizen, especially since they offer to do them for free. By the way, Pep Boys also makes this offer and lives up to it (albeit it also depends on who's working behind the desk ..some guys are jerks, others are "honest" and care.)
Finally, I've noticed that everytime I've been there, the owner Brad McBRide spends a TON of time on the phone while customers wait. He's like a teenage gal on the phone ! Maybe he needs a secretary, I don't know, but when people are waiting in the lobby, he should try to cut the calls short and not talk about the weather with customers on the phone .