LifeNews.com

Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2024

correction Re: Review of O'Reilly's at 813 E El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

this is a mostly male Latino operated franchise, and they are definitely NOT the most helpful boss dudes. I hadn't been here for a few years; then I was in the area & needed a few things quickly. First time in I bought the stuff I needed, no problem. The Latino clerk with long hair didn't say thanks or anything, but at least he did his job.

So I went out to my car and fixed a few things; then I wanted to do a CEL scan (Check Engine Light) so I went back in. THere was one guy behind the counter. Sometimes waiting can take a long time. I noticed another Latino employee in an aisle and asked him if he could get the Scanner for me.

 He refused and said "He can help you" (pointing to the guy behind the counter). So I waited, and finally got up to the counter and politely asked the fellow for the scanner. He responded "I'll be out there in a minute" . He'll be out there ? I can do it myself. I had my driver's license in hand as well in case he wanted it (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't; it's never predictable).

But I said okay and told him where I was parked. I thought he was being sincere & legitimate, and would come out in a few minutes. I waited, and waited, still waiting. He never came out. It wasn't accidental.

I have never done anything bad here. It was pure prejudice as best as I can tell. I'm sorry I can't change my skin color . THe only problem is that it is actually ILLEGAL to refuse service based on skin color.

"The Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 states that no business (public or private) serving the public can discriminate based on a customer's national origin, sex, religion, color or race."

This place needs a MAJOR SHAKEUP. The only problem is that they probably have no choice other than to take what they can get. Nonetheless, I will file a complaint and hope for some changes.

-disgusted-