LifeNews.com

Translate

Friday, September 27, 2024

Check out this review of Stanford University on Google Maps

https://goo.gl/maps/Q2eAD8K7yqXm3sM87?g_st=am 

In general I'd give 5 stars but I give it 3 stars because of what happened today and it's just one individual that caused it so it's not a reflection on Stanford itself. Although she was probably a student. 

So I'm at Encina Hall 123 which is a place where they have frequent lectures. I came in a few minutes late so everybody's already seated and I set my laptop and jacket on top of the table by the door assuming it's very safe and sound right there. 

There's one seat open which I find. And I listen to the lecture, & a few minutes later a gal comes in, and of all places she DECIDES TO TRY TO SIT ON THE TABLE. And the table is strange because it tips intentionally for some reason so any kind of weight on the edge of it will cause it to basically flip to the side. 

And lo & behold as she puts her butt on the table there goes my laptop and jacket sliding down the table to the floor with a big thump ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜ฆ. 

She didn't seem to even try to catch it. Nor did she even try to pick it up. I couldn't believe it. So I have to scoot past everybody again to get back over there and pick it up HOPING AGAINST HOPE that it's not broken. 

Dropping laptops on the ground is not exactly good for them. Fortunately it was in the case. And maybe my jacket acted as a cushion and landed on it. And she didn't even say sorry when I went over there. 

Now I'm sitting through the rest of the lecture anxiously wondering if this thing is going to start again & work properly . So the first thing I do is find an empty room after the lecture and start it up and MIRACULOUSLY everything still worked. Thank God, literally ๐Ÿ‘†.

 Needless to say, this was a
 VERY STUPID THING by a
 so-called smart Stanford student which could have been made a little less upsetting if she had been conscientious about trying to pick it up and making the effort to apologize. But it didn't happen.