LifeNews.com

Translate

Thursday, June 6, 2024

re BioLife: Layton Utah near Salt Lake City

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RhD1c1onPDKo21eg8 

That was one of the worst experiences I've had at a BioLife in quite some time. First of all I got a bad jab. But not bad enough to abort the donation. Instead they adjusted the syringe 💉 but it was still less- than -perfect , so they slowed down the donation process & each pumping cycle took forever . And my arm was getting tired from squeezing.

 Also when I try to get the attention of first person who serviced me, she took the opportunity to talk condescendingly to me as if I was being demanding, telling me that she had other people she had to attend to as well. 

Yeah but I'm sitting there & the pump is not going and the little beeper is telling somebody to come over there and she's not coming until I wave my hand. 

How long does she want me to sit there and wait without the pump going? I mean really they're just taking advantage of me as the client, the patron, the customer. I did nothing wrong. I came on time: Staying healthy, eating well, & staying properly hydrated in order to be a good donor. 

All I asked is common respect and courtesy and the donation process. Don't make me sit and wait for a long extended period of time without making progress in my donation. And then treat me as if I'm being demanding for trying to get some attention to it. 

I know all of you people who work there make ample salaries or hourly wages. And it's not right for you to treat us as if we're just cattle to be milked so to speak. We are all human beings with different stories and different successes and hardships whatever the case may be. 

Some of us just do this to add a little pocket cash or to contribute to others or to buy something special for our kids on their birthdays and things like that. Others are even more needy and rely upon this has a way to pad their income for daily necessities. 

Fortunately, I myself am not down and out or desperate as they say. I can go on with or without making donations but BioLife itself as part of their ad campaign tells us that it's doing good for other people to donate plasma - some who can't live without it.

 I think some of these employees should be required to donate plasma periodically just to be reminded of what the process is like. It's not exactly pleasant sitting with a needle in your arm and you can't move your arm normally for an hour or in this case today I was there for almost 2 hours. 

By the time you're done you're not exactly feeling real happy. You just want to get out of there. It's tiring. And for a manipulative employee to jerk us around emotionally is completely unethical. 

cc: national headquarters