LifeNews.com

Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2024

6.29.24 Re bad doordash customer in Gardiner Maine

6.29.24 Re bad doordash customer in Gardiner Maine 

So I was on a summer trip and I was in the state of Maine all the way from the West Coast, and I turned on doordashers to see if I could do any deliveries. And almost immediately I got a delivery for a pizza.  Total pay would be $5.75.

IN California, doordash would automatically be required to subsidize this BASED ON TIME AND DISTANCE, but in most other states whatever the initial pay shown is the end price, unless the customer adds a tip. I thought maybe there would be a tip later.

 So I accepted the order, and drove a few miles to pick up the pizza at Pizza Hut. Then I noticed I would be driving 11 miles to deliver this pizza -so far no indication there would be a tip. The other thing doordash has nefariously done is they changed it so that when they give you an initial delivery offer,  they DON'T tell you the mileage as they used to do.

 Otherwise I suppose too many people are turning down these deliveries because frankly they are  just not profitable, or even possibly losing money. 

So I start driving and then I realize I have to pay a dollar toll along the way. So now my profit is $4.75. Which about covers 22 miles of gas. I arrive at the apartment and tell the lady named Xena "it was farther than I thought,  plus toll ." 

And she said without any feeling or true care or affection whatsoever " have a good one ". She didn't even say thanks. She was cold as ice 👎😡. I will not keep dashing for very long because customers are getting more and more callous. It's not just the low pay.  It's lack of humanity and the lack of treating people with dignity.

 I can get by without making a few bucks here and there from doordash. Sure I like to cut some of my cost by doing this but I also thought it might be enjoyable, but really it's not. 

Too many customers are treating the process as transactional and the delivery person is just a robot in their mind that should be getting the item from A to B is fast as possible and in most cases they don't even want to see you or talk to you let alone tip you but at least some people still feel an obligation to give a tip. 

I mean really if you can't afford to give a decent tip you shouldn't even be using delivery services. Just get your lazy butt up and drive to the store or  restaurant and pick it up yourself.