LifeNews.com

Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

4/24/15 strange experience @ st paul apostle westwood church, 530pm daily mass

 so i've been coming to daily evening mass at st paul apostle westwood for quite some time now (periodically, not every day), and i've noticed "issues" here before...which I've previously discussed, and I haven't been coming as often as usual...they seem to be changing sides on which they conduct the evening mass...used to be in the middle and the whole sanctuary was used...then they went to the right...and this time they were on the left...anyways..I sat towards the back as you can see...didn't go up for the eucharist because there are certain priests (or sometimes eucharistic ministers) who make me feel apprehensive about approaching for the eucharist. There are a million ways priests or eucharistic ministers can either make you feel at least normal & included or they can do a subtle rasing of the eyebrow as if to say "Hmmm, who are you", and the list goes on. Sure, you will get your piece of the body of Christ but you might not feel as if you are truly as important as they are...so there are times when I prefer not to take the chance at going up . So I just sat and prayed which is fine with me... I dont know this priest...maybe new. But as the mass came to an end, I thought he would slowly walk off towards the back, but instead he made a quick spin and walked rapidly towards the back of the church ( toward the entrance where I was sitting)...last time one of the priests did this (Joe Scott) I remained sitting because I like to pray and sit in peace for a few minutes after the mass...but he rapidly went around and came up to me and growled "the church is closed now"...it was definitely not intended to be friendly. So I figure this priest was told to do the same so i got up before he could get to me...and left the church. What is the deal here? Why are there so many power-&-control issues? I pray for the indwelling of the holy Spirit here at SPA ! Lord let your Light shine !