LifeNews.com

Translate

Monday, March 23, 2015

photos 3/21/15 @ SADDLEBACK CHURCH 35th BIRTHDAY PARTY, ANGEL STADIUM ANAHEIM + Biblical Inspiration

 3/21/15
 @ SADDLEBACK CHURCH 35th BIRTHDAY PARTY,
 ANGEL STADIUM ANAHEIM
 yes, i do actually attend saddleback church (I go to more than  one location), and support saddleback financially, and have been doing so for a while now, and as you see here, with a food gift, albeit some of "them" still treat me like a newcomer..., so I just keep showing up as if I am a first-timer until I get the insider treatment ...either way, I support the church, large and small, far & wide, catholic, protestant, orthodox, and saddleback is up there on my list and of places I pay gas to drive to attend, and drop a check in the offering plate as often as possible (my widow's mite gift)...I really do (usually) enjoy Rick Warren's message...i like having something constructive to do during the sermon (they always provide a written outline of the message with blanks to fill-in as they progress). ..I also enjoy (usually) the down-to-earth style...cup of coffee, shirt-&-tie not required, etc. So I keep coming back for inspiration & education...although I confess I do have a bachelor's degree from a "denominational college" (not southern baptist or baptist but "other") and even have a masters-in-divinity so I have a lot of "head knowledge"...as well as heart (I've done mission work, I care for ALL people, I live modestly so I can give more...even managed to stop paying for a daily cup of starbucks in order to give more to church & good causes)...so I can pat myself on the back  !  
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."                                                                        Luke 12:6-7



I thought they might be charging $10 bucks for parking (as they do at the harvest crusade, which I think actually goes to Angel stadium) so I parked where I usually do for angels games...a few blocks away, and walked to the stadium . I want to support the church, not the million dollar baseball players







 entering the angel parking lot





SON SHINE !











i gave my dad an "angel brick" for father's day many years ago, & I managed to locate it once, but ever since that one time I can NEVER find it anymore...where's my brick ?!



“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed
by the renewing of your mind...
 
...Then you will be able to test & approve
what God's
 will is -- His good, pleasing, & perfect will.”
Romans 12:2






i attended this location
 on it's inaugural service ! 






*"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper
you
& not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future."                  Jeremiah 29:11


THIS was the food pantry truck for those of us dropping off our bag of groceries. I felt a little disappointed with this part of the process...didn't seem like a lot of thanks or appreciation ...more like visiting the recycling location in the local neighborhood. Let's make it a big celebration in every aspect...big smiles, big thanks...make us feel appreciated ! I'm not just some rich guy who can easily afford to give a bag of groceries. I'm a regular guy with a budget! Plus the guy who took my bag called me "sir". This is at saddleback church where i semi-regularly attend...I'm not "sir"...I'm brother-in-Christ & friend!







the souvenirs were neat...albeit a bit pricey...I inquired about a baseball and they were 8 bucks each...again for the
 average guy it's a bit much








"When the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons."
Galatians 4:4-5









"I am the resurrection & the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; & whoever lives & believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
John 11:25


















 [Zechariah prophesied
concerning John,]
"You, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the
way for Him, to
give His people the knowledge of salvation through the
forgiveness of
their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God."

Luke 1:76-78










where did they show the answers?
 did I miss something?







[Jesus said,]
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep & my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me & I know the Father - & I lay down my life for the sheep."

John 10:14-15

































"If, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life."
                    Romans 5:10

















"The word of God is living & active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,...

it penetrates even to dividing soul & spirit, joints & marrow; ...
it judges the thoughts & attitudes of the heart."

Hebrews 4:12






a beautiful southern california day...with just a little haze obscuring the mountains a bit

















perhaps the BIG QUESTION, which hasn't arisen yet because Rick is still relatively young, is whether Saddleback Church is TOO DEPENDENT upon the founding pastor and his vision or dream? If and when Rick can no longer serve as the regular pastor, can and will saddleback church continue to inspire and lead the people with charisma? We saw what happened with the Crystal Cathedral as Robert H. Schuller became too old to lead the church (or the kids thought so), ...albeit one difference is that the Crystal Cathedral was basically "owned & operated" by the Schuller family (with hired pastors & staff), while Rick seems to be giving a lot of responsibility to many various pastors & employees, and his family is not part of the picture (apart from his wife Kay who is often involved). Nonetheless, even at all the satellite locations, the main message is always via videotape either of Rick himself or lately he's been showing guest pastors from the "good ol' days". I wonder if the satellite pastors wish they could preach more or if they are happy with this? Time will tell.

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said,"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 8:12




"Carry each other's burdens & in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

Galatians 6:2









apparently, this was a group of "charter members" ...some who were there at the very first church service, or at
 least the first year or so. ...


























even a translator for the deaf ! 






rick also introducted all the
 southern california satellite pastors 



"Come to me, all you who are weary & burdened, & I will
give you rest."

Matthew 11:28











that's MOSES CAMACHO in the blue shirt...he's the pastor at the newport-messa location...he often mentions that he is the son & grandson of a pastor (i always want to yell ME TOO  when I hear him say that, but we can't do that in church unfortunately) 



I didn't see them do it, but apparently they did BAPTISMS before the stadium service..or maybe they all just went swimming  ! 

"All Scripture is God-breathed & is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting & training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
                                      2 Timothy 3:16-17
                               *******************************************
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADDLE-

BACK !