LifeNews.com

Translate

Thursday, January 22, 2015

1/16/15 JOSE the "MANAGER" @ BELLFLOWER POST OFFICE was GRUFF towards ME, PLUS

 1/16/15
 JOSE the "MANAGER" @ BELLFLOWER POST OFFICE was GRUFF towards ME, PLUS I am not even sure he was being honest with me. The previous day I showed up at the post office to see if I could get our mail early, rather than wait for it to be delivered, and one of the clerks (not Jose) went back and tried to see if the delivery person had left yet (she had so I couldn't get the mail early)...; the next day (shown here) I tried again, and this time Jose was behind the counter and immediately said "NO!" ...and made it seem as if rules prohibited the post office from doing so; so I tried to find a specific rule about it and couldn't find anything prohibiting customers from going to the post office to get their mail early. I'm sure it is NOT a big issue...I was doing it just because there was one specific piece of mail I needed in order to get something started...; so I am still wondering why Jose treated me in such a gruff manner, maybe even dishonestly. It almost felt racist (ie he's latino, I'm white...did he want to show me who's the "boss" ?)  When I told him that the other clerks tried to help me yesterday he just shrugged. Happy birthday to me! I'm 48 and was treated like a punk by Jose in Bellflower, where my late grandfather is known as one of the significant persons 
in the history of the city.